Erica inspires others to learn to identify theirs & their brand’s stories & bring them to life across platforms, helping them identify tools & strategies to engage audiences the World over.
Erica has always had a gift for translating ideas to make them accessible for everybody, inspiring others to action and enabling them with tools to get started.
It is thanks to this, that she and Megan Mallen were one of Canada’s first translators between traditional media and technology with their event Bridging Media, and later went on to act as an Advisor to many other such events, including Merging Media and Women In Film’s New Media Day, as well as help mainstream media festivals, like the Banff Television Festival and Yorkton Film Festival, to embrace and integrate social media into their festivals.
Erica has since gone on to talk around the World about Digital and Transmedia Strategy, Storytelling and Communication, both on broader inspirational topics and more focused topics, like digital ethics, digital safety, digital character storytelling, social media, SEO, Web 2.0 Design … etc. In addition, she teaches and guest lectures at Colleges and Universities across Canada.
Due to Erica’s diverse background in Science, Biology, Education, Broadcast Television, Journalism, Digital and Transmedia, and now as a Travel Storyteller, Erica has a gift for understanding the needs of her varying audiences and connecting with them, translating the information she is presenting into terms that are accessible to them.
She can tailor a talk for your group, on a wide variety of topics. To give you an idea and a bit of a tease, a few of these topics are listed below. If you send us a note with which topics are of interest to you or another idea you had in mind, we can send you a more thorough description of the talk. Just click here to fill in this form with your interests.
- Digital Storytelling: An Introduction through Case Studies
- Building Your Storyworld and Engaging Your Community
- Being a Leader in the Digital Space with Story: Making a Lasting Impression
- The Business of Digital Storytelling
- The Power of ‘Real Time’ Storytelling
- Designing a ‘Real Time’ Storytelling Campaign
- Designing Digital Characters: Engagement & Ethics
- Digital Strategy: Designing the Big Picture
- Finding and Engaging Niche Communities Around Your Story or Brand
- The Secret Sauce to Getting Your Content Found Online: SEO and Keyword Research
- Designing, Managing and Evaluating a Digital Campaign
- Standing Out Online with Ethical SEO Marketing
- Building Brand Loyalty & Engagement through Story
- Designed to Stand Out Professionally with WordPress
- Business 2.0: Becoming a Digital Leader
- Donning the Latest Party Dress: Web 2.0 Digital Design
- Truly Becoming a Social Media Celeb with None of the Narcism
- Social Media Strategy
- Digital Marketing through Blogger Outreach
- Social Networking in the Workplace
- Any Social Networking Space Specific Talk – twitter, facebook, instagram, youtube, snapchat, google+, pinterest, flickr… etc
- Inspiring Peace through Travel
- Increasing Cultural Understanding through Travel
- Inspiring Leadership through Travel
- Overcoming Personal Challenges through Travel
- Social Networking Safety and Ethics
- Stomping Out Cyberbullying
- Becoming a Digital Leader
- Building a Digital Portfolio
- Building Your Personal Digital Brand
- Using Social Networking as a Research Tool
- Using Social Networking to Find and Attract Jobs & Employers
- Designing an Interdisciplinary Digital Storytelling Project or Campaign with Your Students (for Educators)
- Addressing Social Networking Safety and Ethics with Your Students (for Educators)
- Addressing Cyberbullying with Your Students (for Educators)
- Creating and Managing a Social Networking Code of Ethics and Best Practices within Your School (for Educators)
Simply click here for more information and to inquire after a talk.
Connect with Erica!